September is National Preparedness Month
National Preparedness Month (NPM) was created to help people become aware of the potentials for emergencies and to help plan for the possibility of such events. Each September, the Ready Campaign and Citizens Corps., help to put focus onto the real possibility that a disaster could occur at any moment. By educating the public, NPM hopes to enable us to pre-plan and to take action to mitigate the damages of such disasters.
Are you prepared?
This is the question that NPM asks. It also asks that employers, civic groups, homeowners, agencies, webmasters, and anyone that has the ability to play a role in educating and teaching about NPM to help spread the word and to play their part in National Preparedness Month.
A simple way to find out if you are prepared is to ask yourself a few easy questions.
- No matter where you are, do you have a soft plan of action in mind for a disaster?
- Do you and your family have a plan in place at home? Even such things as Home Disaster Kits, and a well thought out escape route or route to safety.
- Does your employer have a plan in place, and are you and your co-workers familiar with the plan?
- Is your important information preserved? Think of fire safe boxes, or even backing up computer files.
- What would happen at this instant, if a disaster should happen in your area?
Being prepared is the most crucial step in surviving a disaster. This September, let’s all take every step possible to prepare ourselves for the event of a disaster striking in our area.
What can you do?
If you would like more information on National Disaster Preparedness Month, please go to the official Ready Campaign website. Become a member of the NPM Coalition, and help to do your part in aiding FEMA in their campaign to educate everyone about NPM. Go Here to Become a Member.
Want to help by sharing some of your ideas and actions with us? Leave a comment!!